- Wild Encounters Tour
- Preservation Station
The Myrtle Beach Safari will truly be an experience to remember. Many of our guests describe the adventure as the “best day of my life” and a “bucket list” experience. Imagine walking through an exquisite fifty-acre tropical garden where you will get up close with wildlife and interact with animals in a way that can’t be done anywhere else in the world. At the Myrtle Beach Safari, you’ll meet the Liger (the world’s biggest cat), Bubbles the elephant, tigers, chimpanzees, monkeys, eagles and many more of our planet’s most iconic and endangered species.
During your encounter, professional photographers will shoot studio quality photographs and video of your group and the T.I.G.E.R.S. Preserve experience.
Through your experience at the Myrtle Beach Safari you will be able to make a connection with wildlife that will transform how you feel about wildlife and your role in conservation.
Proceeds from your tour help support the Rare Species Fund (RSF), which provides support to international conservation programs around the globe. To date, RSF has donated more than $1 million and countless hours of professional expertise to grassroots conservation programs worldwide. By visiting the Myrtle Beach Safari, not only will you have a once in a lifetime wildlife experience, you will be helping to conserve tigers, lions, elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees and many more species in their natural habitats.Book Your Tour Now
Myrtle Beach Safari
Myrtle Beach, SC
Like no place on Earth!! This is your chance to meet and interact with some of the world’s most amazing and iconic creatures. Feed an elephant, interact with tiger cubs, watch an eagle soar, monkey around with great apes, and meet the Liger, the world’s biggest cat! Located of 50 acres of tropical paradise, this unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience can only be had at the Myrtle Beach Safari.
- No children under the age of 6 are allowed on the tour
- No still cameras or video cameras allowed
- No cell phones allowed
- No bracelets, chains, straps, long necklaces (nothing that dangles) allowed
- Do NOT wear white clothes on the tour
- No skirts or dresses on the tour (shorts are OK)
- Closed toe shoes are required – NO SANDALS OR FLIP-FLOPS
- You MUST be on our facility by 9:00am. Tours start at 10:00am. NO late arrivals are allowed – you must be on the facility by 9:00am.
- If you go to Preservation Station and do not follow the directions to the preserve from your email on the day of your tour, and you do no make it to the tour, your reservation will be forfeited and you will not be able to reschedule.
- ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR RESERVATION YOU ARE CONFIRMED! YOU WILL AT THAT TIME RECEIVE DIRECTIONS RULES AND GUIDELINES. THAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE INFORM IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MORNING OF RESERVATION!!!!
- Wild Encounters Tours are NON-refundable.
- If for any reason you cannot make your tour date, you may reschedule to any tour date available. This option never expires.
- Tours run from March 4, 2017 to October 9, 2017.
- This year we are also open Oct 14, Oct 21, Oct 28, Nov 11, Nov 18 & Nov 25.
- You must arrive by 9:00am, tour begins at 10:00am and will last for approx. 3 hours.
- You generally leave the preserve around 1:30pm-2:00pm.
Barefoot Landing North Myrtle Beach, SC
Preservation Station at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach is a free living tiger exhibit. It is the fund raising effort for the conservation projects of the Rare Species Fund. Here is your chance to see the World’s Rarest Tigers, up-close and for FREE in the exhibit. This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come visit Preservation Station and see these animals playing and relaxing in an outdoor environment. You will see standard Bengal tigers, Royal White Bengal tigers, and the rarest tiger in the world, the Golden Tabby tiger.
At Preservation Station you can get nose to nose with 500 pound adult tigers. View these beautiful creatures with only glass between you and them, look right into their eyes! You will have the opportunity to interact with tiger cubs, apes, and more! Don’t miss the excitement!
Enjoy the experience of a lifetime and take home a photo that nobody will believe. Share this incredible opportunity with your family and friends and help to save an endangered species. You can support us in our conservation efforts by participating in our Preservation Station photo encounter. During this Encounter you will cuddle up and get hands on with a baby tiger and a young ape while they sit on your lap. Photo encounters are $100.00 for 1 person, plus $25.00 for each additional person (2nd, 3rd, and 4th persons). The fifth person is $100, plus $25 for each additional person (6th, 7th, and 8th persons). (Any age is welcome to participate). Price includes ONE 8×10 photograph PER GROUP (groups consists of 1-5 people). After your encounter you will have the opportunity to purchase additional prints as well as a photo upload that will include all photos taken during your encounter.
All proceeds go directly to support international wildlife conservation projects through the Rare Species Fund, and to the care and maintenance of our animal ambassadors.
- Days of Operation: March 12, 2017 thru October 9, 2017, daily. This year we are also open weekends (Friday and Saturdays) Oct 13&14, Oct 20&21, Oct 27&28, Nov 3&4, Nov 10&11, Nov 17&18, and Nov 24&25. NOTE: We have added the dates of 10/23-10/26/17, 10/31-11/2/17 and 11/6/17; however, for these dates only, RESERVATIONS must be made 24 hours in advance. In the event that no reservations have been made 24 hours in advance, Preservation Station will be closed on these dates.
- 2017 Hours of Operation: Prepaid tickets will be let in first at opening, but feel free to arrive at any time during the following hours of operation: Mar 12- May 28: 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. May 29 – Sep 3: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Sep 4 – Oct 9: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Weekends only (Fri/Sat) from Oct 13 – Nov 25 plus all other dates from Oct 23 – November 6: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Phone Number: 843-361-4552 is for information only. We do NOT take reservations.
- Directions: Click here for a map of how to get to our T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
- Address: 4898 South Highway 17 • North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582-5353 We do NOT take reservations for this location. It is first come, first serve.
Since this exhibit is influenced by the forces of nature, the hours and days of operation for this exhibit can vary. Please call 843-361-4552 for the current information regarding the weather and for our current hours. We try to be there every day during the summer, but we are subject to inclement weather.Book Your Tour Now